Welcome to Harnack House - Centre of the German Oxford
The Harnack House is located in the center of the German Oxford in Berlin, which is characterized by excellent scientific institutions.
Established in 1929 as guest house and conference venue of the Kaiser Wilhelm Society in Berlin-Dahlem, it distinguished itself, particularly in the early years, quickly as an international scientific club. It hosted prominent scientists, artists, politicians and industrialists and was place of important political and public events. After its return to the Max Planck Society through the U.S. armed forces, that used the house as an officer’s mess until 1994, it is since 2000 the conference venue of the Max Planck Society.