Hygiene concept and what is allowed?
To protect our guests and employees from further spread of the Covid-19 virus, we are committed to complying with the infection protection principles and hygiene rules in accordance with our hygiene concept.
The current version of the hygiene concept is available for download in the left column.
The conditions for events are currently quite easy to handle.
- Business meetings and conferences can be held in closed rooms with up to 1,000 people.
Minimum distance / occupancy of the conference rooms
- The minimum distance in the conference room and in the restaurant no longer applies (previously 1.5 meters). All guests must be tested, recovered or vaccinated for this. The minimum distance between the guests must still be observed if the guests are not at their seat, e.g. in queues for registration or at the buffet. The obligation to carry out corona tests for event participants does not exempt from the basic obligation to take precautions and comply with distance and hygiene rules. During the event, organizers must ensure the applicable distance rules in accordance with the Infection Protection Measures Ordinance.
Collection of contact details and review of the test or vaccination status by the organizer
- According to § 4 Paragraph (1) of the SARS-CoV-2 Infection Protection Measures Ordinance, the responsible person must document the presence of their guests and check whether the guests have been tested, recovered or vaccinated. "Contact details" are the private addresses of those present. "Responsible" always means the organizers who are responsible and liable for the event. The execution of the examination is to be noted in the participation documents.
- The Harnack-Haus does not carry out any corona tests. Find out more about test options in your area on the Internet, e.g. at test-to-go.berlin.
- Alternatively, the organizer can set up separate areas for tests and offer tests on site.
- For each day of the event (start of the event), a negative test result must be submitted, which is not older than 24 hours at the time of the start of the event. If the event starts earlier the next day, the test from the previous day may still be sufficient. However, as soon as the 24-hour admission period is exceeded, a new test is required, regardless of whether it is the same series of events. Vaccinated and recovered persons are exempt from the test requirement.
Creation of an individual protection and hygiene concept by the organizer (from 20 people)
- According to § 5 of the SARS-CoV-2 Infection Protection Measures Ordinance, those responsible have to create an individual protection and hygiene concept and present it to the competent authority on request. This means that the local health or public order office can request the hygiene concept. However, you do not have to provide it unsolicited to obtain approval.
Mask compulsory for guests
- All guests must wear a medical mask unless they are in their seat.
Control obligation of the organizer
- The obligation to take precautions and to comply with the distance and hygiene rules lies with the organizers, who are responsible and liable for the event. If customers act as organizers, they must be liable for disregarding the regulations.
Obligation to provide information on the part of the organizer
- The organizers must ensure that all service providers involved in the event are informed about the distance and hygiene rules and pass this information on to their guests.
- Goethe Hall, Meitner Hall, Ruska Hall, Laue Hall, lecture hall, Einstein Lounge and the restaurant are constantly supplied with 100% fresh air via the mechanical ventilation system. The Harnack house controls the ventilation system.
- The other rooms are regularly ventilated through windows and doors. The organizer organizes the ventilation. The ventilation begins at least 45 minutes before the start of the event / opening of the rooms and lasts until the end of the visiting hours. Intermittent / cross ventilation is performed at least once every hour for 10 minutes.
Requirements for consumption
- According to the SARS-CoV-2 Infection Protection Measures Ordinance, drinks and food must always be consumed while sitting or at standing tables. Catering in loose groups without a table is not permitted.
- Self-service buffets are allowed if it is guaranteed that visitors keep the minimum distance from one another and wear a medical mask as long as they are not seated at the table.
Events with live music / dance
- Bands and singing are allowed as indoor performances. At the moment you are only allowed to dance inside with a mask (3G).
- The organizer must ensure that the hygiene regulations, the applicable distance rules and the other occupational safety standards SARS-CoV-2 (BMAS) are observed throughout the exhibition.
- Interactions with participants are only possible under very strict conditions, which must be specified in the individual hygiene concept.
- It must be ensured that participants are also informed about applicable hygiene and protective measures during the exhibition (if necessary via an announcement).
2 G option for events
- The SARS-CoV-2-Infection Protection-Measures-Ordinance regulates that at 2-G-events the obligation to observe the minimum distance and the mask requirement do not apply.
- All guests, also the staff must be recovered or vaccinated.
- The SARS-CoV-2 Occupational Safety and Health Ordinance stipulates that the employer may not inquire about the vaccination or recovery status of employees. There is no obligation for employees to provide information. As a result, the Harnack House cannot find out for its employees whether they have all been vaccinated or have recovered.
- We assume that the legislature will adapt the SARS-CoV-2 Occupational Safety and Health Ordinance better to the SARS-CoV-2 Infection Protection Ordinance on this point. Until then, events in the Harnack House will continue to take place as 3-G events.
Thank you for your understanding. We are looking forward to your visit!
As soon as there are changes to the currently valid regulation, these will be taken into account here as soon as possible.